Monday, July 23, 2012

Iloilo ...Rediscovered (part 1)

It's just  4 am...still dark, feeling so cold in my  room , I pulled the sheets to cover my feet...couldn't sleep...tried to get up  however, i decided to try and sleep again. It was around five in the morning  when  I finally got up  , took a shower, put on some make-up...grabbed a shorts, sandals and a white shirt...I was so excited for the  trip...at 6:45 in the morning   i arrived at the Ocean Jet Ferry Terminal.


 

Artie , my fellow tour guide was ahead of me...we were all set for the one hour boat trip to Iloilo -the I guides (Iloilo guides) headed by Melanie Ortega and Mario will be our guides with Atty. Helen Catalbas of DOT providing for our van for the whole day tour . My first time after 17 years in tourism to experience a guided tour in the heart of the Philippines- Province of Iloilo.

Oh yes, the Negros Tour Guides will play tourist for six days, and our tour has just began.

Ocean Jet had a promotion, for P345.00 one can avail of a free return trip if you purchase the RT fare...of course , you dont expect a world class terminal , the trip was fine except for my return when i experienced a filthy and very hot  terminal in Iloilo.


Tour Guides Accreditation ID
Artie, Maricar, Sir Rene Cortum, Mario, Bambi and Me
First stop:  The Department of Tourism Region 6 office for our certificates and renewed ID's. Tour Guides undergo training for 20-26 days, and are encouraged to get a permit from the City before processing for the online-accreditation with other requirements such as NBI Clearance and Health Certificate and a minimal fee of  P180.00 .
We visited the Miagao Church and the Hablon and Loom Weaving  Center...to me it was a feast of different kinds of shawls...just couldn't resist and bought an orange shawl this time.  The last time I came i had blue, black, green and pink plus cloths for my clothes which I wore in Singapore for the two-weeks training I attended with participants from other countries- all of my classmates did ask about the wardrobe and i proudly told them i got all these from the Miagao , Western Visayas, Philippines.
Add caption
 







No comments:

Post a Comment